Friday, January 2, 2009

Democracy is Knowledge: Wikipedia

In my eyes Stephen Colbert is a god. If I believed in Greek Mythology he'd be right up there next to Zeus. Why?
1. His middle name is Tyrone. AWESOME
2. He's the youngest of 11 children. Could be why he's so crazy.
3. He's flipping HILARIOUS!

Back in July of '08, he did a hilarious bit about Wikipedia and how pretty much anything can be true as long as enough people believe in it. For all you web 2.0 nerds like myself, I couldn't help but laugh because that is the basis on how Wikipedia operates. The information displayed on the website is supplied by users of the site. The more people who submit the same information, the more "true" it is. Democracy is knowledge.

I was recently searching the internet and came across the clip and had to share. Check it out for yourself and become inspired to change truth as we know it....

1 comment:

Frank Nemecek said...

I'm special because I saw that segment when it first aired. (I love the show, too.)

Thanks for sharing the clip. It's always great to see it again.

Love & laughter,
Frank